Health Office Medication Policy:
If you want your child to take over-the-counter medication in school, please observe the following:
- Parent or guardian’s written authorization is present.
- Parents are responsible for providing their student’s supply of non-prescription medications to be kept in the Health Service Office.
- Medications must be in the original container.
- Dose administered will not exceed the recommended dosage on the labeled container.
- Authorization must be renewed yearly.
Please contact the school health office at 444-8806 if you have questions. All prescription medications require a physician’s order and parent’s written permission. Medication forms are available on the school district website under District Services then Health Services: www.owatonna.k12.mn.us
School Immunizations: Is Your Child Ready for School?
Updated immunization records must be submitted to the school health office before the first day of school. To attend school in Minnesota, students must show they’ve received the immunizations noted below or file a legal exemption with the school.
Required immunizations for high school students:
9th – 10th Grade: At least 3 doses of diphtheria and tetanus (including 1 Tdap), 3 Polio, 2 MMR, 3 Hepatitis B, 2 Varicella (chickenpox vaccine) and 1 Meningococcal
11th - 12th Grade: At least 3 doses of diphtheria and tetanus (including 1 Td/Tdap), 3 Polio, 2 MMR, 3 Hepatitis B and 2 Varicella (chickenpox vaccine)
OHS Health Office 444-8806